Hello St. John middle school students and families:
Welcome back! I look forward to working with you this year!
Here are some things to consider as we begin our work:
- It’s always a good idea to be kind in your actions and in your words.
- I sincerely hope you enjoy science as much as I do, but please be prepared to work hard most of the time. Being asked to do something difficult is not a form of oppression; it’s an opportunity to grow.
- The middle school will use Google Classroom as its online learning management system this year. In science, you will be able to find almost all of your assignments and necessary information here.
- Learning involves a little discomfort sometimes. It’s completely normal to stumble and even to fail in your studies once in a while; failing a test or needing to redo an assignment does not mean you are a failure; it just means you need to pick yourself back up, get the assistance you need, and try again.
- If you are not feeling well, you should stay home and get some rest. (Real rest, not six hours of Call of Duty.)
I encourage you to contact me or any other teacher if you have any questions or concerns about academics, social issues, mental health, organization, or materials.
Middle School Science
Hello 7th/8th graders and families:
Welcome back! I look forward to working with you this school year. Here are some things to consider as we head towards the beginning of the school year:
- “Meet and Greet” meetings with your child’s homeroom teachers are scheduled for September 1-3. If you have not yet signed up for a time, you can do so here: Meet & Greet sign-up
- Classes begin on Tuesday, September 7. Students, you are expected to have your school supplies with you on that day. This first day begins at 8:15 AM and ends at 3:05 PM.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact me at any time.
See you soon,
Hello 7th and 8th graders and families!
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year! I hope you all have had a fun and restful summer, and are ready and eager to get back to learning. Here are some notes to get us started this year:
- Please see the sidebar for information about curriculum, classroom expectations, grades, etc.
- The schedule is new this year; please familiarize yourself with it when you can.
- On the first day of school, please have your supplies on with you.
- Please expect to do more work than you did last year; we have a little catching up to do!
Again, welcome back; I look forward to seeing you all at the end of August.