Hello middle school students and families:
- MAP testing begins this week. If it’s at all possible for students to be at school in the mornings during the next two weeks, please make it so.
- 7th and 8th graders will receive consent forms from me this week, to give me permission to record video of students in science classes and to give them surveys. These surveys and videos are part of research for the Trustey STEM Fellowship with which I am involved. If you have questions or concerns, I’m very happy to speak with you about this research project.
- 7th graders will be going on a short retreat this Wednesday, September 9. We do not need chaperones for this trip, but we do need a few more drivers. If you can drive students to the retreat at 8:45 AM or pick them up at 2:15, you can sign up here: Driver sign-up
- 6th graders will be working on measurement and making observations this week.
- 7th graders will be working on the scientific method and identifying variables this week
- 8th graders will begin a short conceptual modeling activity (this is the one I hope to get on video).
- Parents, I look forward to seeing you at Curriculum Night on Thursday night at 7:00.
Have a great week,