Hello middle school students and families:
- Congratulations to the 14 8th graders who went to the Math Games at Seattle Prep this weekend. One of our three teams won the competition (the team was named one of the top three, in no particular order), and all of these students did St. John proud. Thank you, 8th graders!
- 7th and 8th graders, your proposal for your Science Inquiry Project is due on Friday, November 3.)
- Dr. Crowther, our excellent student teacher in middle school science, is now the lead teacher in 6th and 8th grade science. 6th graders have just begun to identify the characteristics of living things, and the 8th graders continue their unit on cell biology and heredity.
- 7th graders will continue to work on Newtonian physics; this week we will focus on using mathematical models to describe gravitational acceleration.
- The 6th graders, in a bit of bad timing on my part, took a major science test on the same day that progress reports went home. I suggest that 6th grade families look at PowerSchool in the near future, as the test may have completely altered their child’s grade in science.
Have a great week,