Hello middle school students and families:
- Ms. Rzegocki and I very much enjoyed working with the 7th graders on their field trip to the Center for Wooden Boats. The students had a supportive and positive attitude from start to finish, even when they were waiting for the bus in the driving rain. Great work, 7th graders!
- Thank you to the students who participated in this year’s Math Games at Seattle Prep.
- Conferences begin on Monday, October 28, at 12:00. I look forward to seeing many of you there. If you still need to schedule a conference with me, there are still times available on Friday, November 8: sign up here
- There is a late (9:00 AM) start on Tuesday, October 29.
- 7th and 8th graders will begin working on their inquiry projects this week.
Have a great week,
LO: Describe the structure of atoms
SLE: Meet or exceed NGSS
- Watch and take notes on this Khan Academy video about atoms: All About Atoms
- Complete the atomic structure worksheet The worksheet is due on Tuesday.
- If you have time left over, you can get a head start on the periodic table notes on slides 21-29 on The Nature of Matter notes (see sidebar).
LO: Describe laws of motion
SLE: Meet NGSS
- Read/take notes p. 158-164
- Complete review questions on p. 165